This guide assumes you've been invited to Optic by someone on your team
Optic helps us:
- Review and discuss each API change, before it gets deployed. It's like code review but for the API changes each of us make. With Optic, an API changelog is added to any Pull Request that changes the API.
- Share accurate, up-to-date documentation with our consumers, and notify them when things change
- Understand which versions of each endpoint are running in each environment, and track changes from Pull Request -> Production in real time.
What using Optic asks of you, a developer on the team:
Use Optic to show your work:
- When you write code that changes the API, track the code changes with Git and the API changes with Optic (it takes 2 minutes). Just open Optic and click
- When you are implementing an API that was planned "design-first", use Optic to show your work and prove that the API was implemented properly by the code you wrote. Just click
Prove an API Implementation.
Updated 4 months ago
Learn more about using Optic with your team
Did this page help you?